- Take part in a peaceful and exciting excursion to Mekong’s rice fields, fruit gardens and coconut forest.
- Experience the unique culture and enjoy the typical local dishes as well as various local tropical fruits.
- Enjoy shopping at Cai Be floating market and truly experience the sound and scent of Mekong culture.
Day 1 Ho Chi Minh City – Can Tho
Mang Thit RiverPick up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City and transfer to Can Tho (NOT INCLUDED in cabin price)
Boarding at Can Tho at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins. Departure downstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
Tour near Tra On Floating Market.
Turning into Nicolai canal, towards the Mang Thit River and Co Chien rivers. Rest on the upper deck in a scenery of rice fields, sugar cane, woods on the near banks.
By mid-afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor for a visit on shore: past the first tree line, quiet discovery of the peaceful life in the delta’s countryside, of rice fields, fruit trees and the welcoming inhabitants.
Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck or around the bar enjoying the sunset.
The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit River towards her anchorage point for the night.
The Bassac sets anchor for the night on river Mang Thit.
Accommodation: Bassac Cruise
Day 2 Cai Be – Ho Chi Minh City
Cho Lach06:30 Departure towards Cai Be. The passengers take their breakfast while enjoying the scenery on the banks.
The Bassac crosses Co Chien river then branches into Cho Lach canal for 30 minutes through the traffic of sand and rice barges, in a scenery of fruit drying facilities and wooden ship building yards
Arrival in Cai Be, check-out and boarding of a local boat for a tour of Cai Be floating market and handicraft.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Cái Bè.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30
Normal price: 225 USD/ Person
- 2D/1N Bassac package (joint basis)
- Accommodation on boat with meals as program.
- Entrance fees
- Service charge, room tax and handling fee
- Transfer from/to Ho Chi Minh city, Cai Be, Can Tho by Private Car
- Accommodation in Ho Chi Minh City
- International airfare to/from Vietnam
- Personal insurance
- Expenditure of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry & etc.